Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Being a grandmother...

 
Mykayla with Great Nana

 I love, love, love being a grandma. My mom has been an awesome grandmother and great-grandmother. She is known as "Nana" or "Great Nana". She has inspired me to be a good grandma.  I am known as "Nonnie" which is what my first grandchild named me or "Grandma". We share something sweet, that we, pretty much, would rather hang out with our grand kids than anyone.  I like having tea parties, playing with play dough, building legos, doing puzzles, reading books and having sleepovers with them. I even do "Grandma Camp" in the summer.




 I can't get enough of them. When my kids were young, my mom couldn't get enough of them. Sometimes this annoyed me. I didn't get it then, but I do now. My mom invested in my kids lives. She believed in them and saw the best in them. My children have enjoyed a wonderful relationship with their grandparents. My parents spent time with my kids, they also attended dedications, sport games, concerts, plays, Grandparents Days, and lots of Graduations. They took the kids on vacation with them. They also "Kid-Sat" so I could go on trips with my husband. And they did this long distance as we live 4+ hours away. They also invested in their other grand kids, grand-nieces, nephews, church kids and missionary kids. My parents were both educators by profession, my dad in special education and my mom as a preschool diagnostic teacher. Investing in children has always been their passion and continued during their retirement years. My mom taught "Kids for Missions" at their church until age 81 when they moved away. Her grand kids and great grand kids have brought her great joy. My grand kids bring me great joy too. I am glad that I am like her in this way. It is a true blessing to have my kids and grand kids living nearby.


here's the gang minus one...



Four generations...


My Monday boys!


My Wednesday morning walking buddies!


No comments:

Post a Comment