Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy's Mother's Day


This picture was taken 3 years ago when my mom was still able to travel to my house. She can't travel anymore. My mom is alone this Mother's Day. We used to make sure Dad stayed with her for holidays and special days.  Due to the progression of her Alzheimers, she doesn't know that it is Mother's Day.

It actually worked out to have my Dad visit for a few days. My sister visited mom and brought her flowers on Friday, when she picked Dad up. She won't miss us and she probably won't notice that Dad is gone. I sent her a card. I put this picture in it. I labeled everyone so if someone opens her card for her and reads it, they can point us out. She won't know who we are and she won't even recognize herself, but maybe she'll feel some love. It may lay unopened until we visit on Tuesday. We miss you mom so very much. We wish you were here today and I can't wait to give you a hug on Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. It felt odd to not even be able to call her and wish her a happy mother's day. Left me feeling empty.

    ReplyDelete