Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My mom doesn't know me anymore...



My mother has Alzheimer's disease. It is a terrible disease. It's sad and heart breaking. Relationships are hurt. It was during the earlier stages when my mother was angry and difficult, that I first had this thought that I should write a book to myself on what I should do if I get Alzheimer's. I felt like there should be guidelines for living with this disease. I want to make it easier for my children if we have to deal with this disease again. There have been times that are pretty funny, and people would say " you could write a book"...now if I can just remember those stories...haha, I hope to write them down. Well, instead of a book, journal or whatever, I'm starting with a private blog. I don't know where to begin so I'm going to list some subjects and use it as a start
Confabulation
Denial
Driving or not
Anger
Confusion
Enjoy what you can
Living with Alzheimer's
Dying of Alzheimer's
List for me
Cruises
Poop and pee
Falls
Getting lost - sitting in a stranger's apt
missing
repeat, triggers.this is delicious, can I have the recipe?
unrealisic expectations, ie Florida, Colorado
Do we have a daughter named Lynda?
Holidays
Progressive care
Long term care
Diapers/Depends
Dentures missing/broken
Braless
Aides
Crying on the Merritt
Brown Bear
Lack of support from doctors and mom's friends
Losing words- daughter
Looking for me
Acceptance
Content and pleasant
Two thoughts, bed or bathroom
Sparkle, hugs like she loves me, I love you too
Missing mom
Caring for dad
Fear

1 comment: